Tuesday, April 22, 2008

In the dark as CC and the Tribe awaken; Wetbrook to the DL

I'm going to keep this short since I can't see any of tonight's blowout win.

We're well into the 7th inning and the folks who provide my $159/season satellite access to the Tribe - DirecTV - can't seem to find the right button to push to put the Tribe on my TV.

I do know Casey Blake is having the night of his life, with 4 hits, a homer and 6 RBIs.

Delucci also has a dinger and his average is becoming rather respectable.

I also know that Jhonny Peralta has hit one out, which figures because he's on my fantasy league bench due to his recent flailing away at the plate.

More important, I have CC on the bench in both my leagues. As of now he has 11 Ks and one walk and is throwing a shutout.

And that really is the good news.

You had to assume this game was in the big man someplace, but you also had to wonder when we'd see it. Thank God it came sooner rather than later.

Of course the equally big news - on the negative end - is the injury to Jake Westbrook. Yet another pulled muscle in his side. Possibly a month on the sidelines. Very frustrating indeed.

I'm putting my money on Aaron Laffey to replace him, based on his outings last year.

So far down at Buffalo, Laffey is 2-1 with a 3.13 ERA. Jeremy Sowers is 0-1, but his ERA is an equally impressive 3.18.

Either way it's good to know there is that kind of quality to be called upon when needed.

Hard to add much more when I'm sitting here in the DirecTV black hole. Hope to see you, and the damned game, tomorrow night.

No comments: